So I caught this post on C.S. Wilde’s blog and thought it was a pretty cool idea. So even though it is not Monday, I am posting this today.
1. What are you writing?
Centauri One (working title). I am planning to write around 150,000 words for this one. Science Fiction – Space Opera/Space Pirate.
2. How does your work differ from others of its genre?
I think it is in my voice, as any writer is honestly. Further than that I draw my inspiration from my formative years watching shows like Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar Galatica, Firefly, and Space: Above and Beyond.
3. Why do you write what you do?
I have a love of stories. I often feel an itch for a certain type of story, but cannot find it out there, so I write it instead.
4. How does your writing process work?
- Start writing (no plot, no plan, just go!)
- Mid completion, start plotting
- Go back and revise the first half to match with my new plot (yes I know this is the hard way)
- Send to Alpha readers (I want honest story critiques here, I’ll deal with editing later)
- Send to BETA readers (give me that grammar hammer!)
5. Do you have any artistic pursuits besides writing?
I am a huge fan of wood-working, like C.S. I’ll post a pic below, ah there it is!
yes, I made that. Burned the designs on it too.
6. What literary character is like you?
If I had to pick one that I really thought is like me, or that I am like? Perrin Aybara from Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time series. Large and worried about hurting people, but a raging wolf on the inside just waiting to get out. Not to mention he was a blacksmith and really good at making things.
Who I wish I was like? Mat from the same Wheel of Time series, he was just so much more carefree.
Anywho, feel free to comment. Until next time.
Your friendly neighborhood author,